The Church of St. Brigid, Grangegeeth
The church of Grangegeeth is described in the Name Book in 1836 as "one story and thatched (and ) not in good repair". It was T-shaped and nothing is known of its early history.
The present church however, was built by Fr.Finegan in 1847. It was newly floored by Fr. Fagan in 1868. In February 1947 the great storm stripped the roof off this church. In 1959 electricity was installed.
(Click on pics on this page for useful links)
10am Sunday Mass in Grangegeeth
Other Stained Glass Windows of the Church
Click each window to enlarge